The TRX project. Cylinder head 3D on Solidworks


One of the things that I want to do is draw the Trixie on Solidworks but this is a hard work for me, I´m always too much busy or tired to draw or make a lot of things that I have on my head.
These last weeks I drawed the cylinder head of my TRX on Solidworks, in first time my target was draw only the external form of them, but at the end I have tried to do the whole solid with the lubrication & coolant circuit, intake & exhaust ports, and all the machined parts with all the threaded holes to do later the complete assembly in Solidworks.



To do that I used my vernier calipers, goniometer... to take the measurements for my first sketches on paper to start the 3D model. All the measures of the 3d head are real in the machined parts ,the angles of the valves, valve seats holes , only the castings shapes of the internal coolant circuit and the combustion camber had little diferences with real head because of the difficulty to measure them without destroy or cutting the cilinder head.


Drawing in Solidworks the parts of mi TRX I pretend improve my level of user on SW and doing it I understand better how it works and makes me learn little engineering "tricks" like the extensions to get more guide surface for the valve lifters (arrowed on the left picture) or the radial oil chambers in the exhaust camshaft seats to ensure the lubrication of the camshaft with higher temperatures.






Now I want to make the rest of parts of the cylinder head to assembly them on Solidworks and take some cool snapshots and maybe I´ll do some wallpaper. I have done the intakes and the head cover.I started to take some notes of the camshafts to do them on Solidworks, this week I hope get finished the sketches of all the valves, springs, camshafts, valve lifters, pads and the rest of the pieces from the cylinder head and assembly all together. Some day I will finish all the bike on 3d.



I´m trying to do videos with the motion study of Solidworks but to make an acceptable video I must to squeeze the capabilities of my computer and I don´t have a patience person. Here you can see the results....not so good.


For me one of the two things that makes special this engine is his five valves per cylinder, and of course the 270º crankshaft. This engine not was the first in wear five
valves but this number of valves i not very usual. The first motorcycle with 5 valve engine was, if I mistaked please add a coment, the Yamaha FZ750 in 1984 and this bike was the first of other 5 valve bike from Iwata like the FZ/FZR motor bikes, his half engine that mount mi TRX or the TDM and Supertenere, yzf 450, the GTS 1000 Omega, YZF R7, XT 660 family or ATV Grizzly 700.


The first car engine with five valves per cylinder was the Ferrari F355 Berlineta in may of 1994 and little bit after (in November) the Audi A4 1.8 liter/ 4 Cylinder 20 valves with/without turbo engine (the picture of the left its from this German engine). Other cars like the Mitsubishi Minica with a small 3 cylinder/ 5 Valves engine and also exist a turbo version of this Japanese micro car.



Left: Ferrari F355 5V head




Right: Ferrari 360 Modena 5V head





Yamaha TRX 850 cylinder head Solidworks 5 valves dohc cams camshaft Solid Works 3D

7 comentarios:

Luciano | October 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I'm brazilian, I like to work with SW too, but i don't have the same hability yet!rsrsrs
Very nice work!

DrSlumper | October 22, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Hi Luciano. Thanks for your comment, I´m also a SW lover, but I still have much to learn yet.
If I can help you here you have a friend.

Regards from Spain
DrSlumper

T | October 1, 2010 at 10:32 PM

just wondering about your pistons
what weight (grams) should they be for balancing the crank?
and do you have centre pin to head height distance aswell?
alastairgk@hotmail.com

robbedoes18@hotmail.com | February 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Wow very nice head!i am making myself a head in SW as we speak:D but i am running in a lot of problems i hope you can help me out, i would really like to know how you started off. for example did you started with a solid block and and did you do next? the valve liners or the in ex ducts? in what sequence did you do the SW features? i keep running into shit i should have don earlyer and stuff.do you maybe even have a tutorial style video or a printscreen of the features in the head?. greets.robbedoes18@hotmail.com

TheTRXproject | February 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Hi Rob,excuse the delay. First thanks for visit my blog. I´ll made a tutorial showing how I did the cylinder head with screenshot and I try to explain the best form as possible. But you must know that I´m not a SW "gurú", I´m only a user that I´m trying to improve my level modelling my bike. I´m sure that exsits better and fastest ways to do that. Now I´m a little bit busy, I´ll publish other parts that I modelled, but soon I will publish it. I will wrote you when I publish it. You can join also the Facebook page of the blog (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TRX-project/339851671717)

Best regards from Spain.
Marcos Armero.

gareth batty | February 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM

The environment testing industry has long been accustomed to using thermal chambers, which are cooled with mechanical refrigerated systems. These systems have been viewed as simple and self contained. However, more and more companies are realizing the troubles associated with mechanical refrigerated systems. Recently, there has been a significant trend to use liquid nitrogen to cool the chambers. Utilizing liquid nitrogen yields many performance advantages and significant reductions in maintenance time and cost. The following illustrates some of the advantages to using liquid nitrogen to cool a test chamber.

http://www.inoxindia.com/inoxindia/vaporizers-vaporisers.php

intercad | March 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Nothing specifically that i can think of. can you be more specific about what sort of textiles you're designing? adobe illustrator is also popular in the fashion and soft-goods industry to design "flats" and repeated patterns.. auto cad is common for pcs and turbo cad is not only much cheaper but quite powerful and available for pc AND mac.

Solidworks Price

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails