DrSlumper: My first car wheel design, TOOLER 20" Wheel.






One of the things that I´m doing this last week at work are the machining of some model of custom car wheels for a custumer. We must to do one model of each design in scale 2:1 of half wheel (the external side). Because it I must to work with the 3D models sended by the custumer to get the draft drawings and CNC programs for  turning it on a CNC leathe and the CAM programs to the machining centers. 





This is the reason because I try to design on Solidworks a wheel that I have some time around my head, a wheel with a spanner keys as a spokes. This idea was in my head long time ago and I was very surprised when wathing an "American chopper" episode the people of Orange County Choppers build a corporative bike for SnapOn. And the Teutuls make a pair of wheels quite similar than 
my concept.



At same time I "played" doing some renders, my rendering knowledge is too short but the end result has been better than I expected (After hours of trial-error) and I edited the rendered pictures with Gimp.



I hope you like it.

Tags: DrSlumper design wheels car wheels custom wheels the trx project Tooler

3 comentarios:

Anonymous | November 21, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Your 3D-animations look nice! Keep up the good work.

Punica78

DrSlumper | November 22, 2009 at 12:40 AM

A lot of thanks Punica!!!

UsedCarsLouisvilleGuy99 | January 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Really good video and graphics.Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails