Playing with Gimp.Honda VT750s Cafe Racer.



Honda launched this new model, the VT750s / Shadow RS. A Japanese version of the HD Sportster with the ultra-amortized (Honda takes this engine mounted at different developments since 1983) a V-Twin 52º 745cc SOHC 3 valve, with PGM-FI with 43.1HP@5500. 

Yes, I like this bike, like the Sportsters, I think that it could be a good base to make a nice Cafe Racer or scrambler. Maybe I needs some more  power and less weight (230k) but nothing that can be fixed replacing the exhaust system, air filter ,power commander. and  removing some unnecesary steel ornaments .

I made, in a bastard attempt to emulate to the great OBERDAN BEZZI (motosketches.blogspot.com), a cafe racer conversion with Gimp. Now are some cool models like the Boneville/Thruxton of Triumph, Moto Guzzi V7 Classic/ V7 café classic / V7 Racer, Harley or  Davidson 883  family/XR1200 that are the proof of the return of cafe racers on  motorcycle market  it´s a fact.

3 comentarios:

Lauro Franco | September 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM

HI Tanks to following my Blog, I'll follow you too, and nice work about the VT 750, very nice idea

TheTRXproject | September 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Thanks to you Lauro, I´m glad you follow my blog too.

Anonymous | November 11, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Nicemock-up.. But is the rider supposed to be bent like a taco on this thing? What do you intend to do about the awkward, forward focused position of the clutch and brake mounts?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails