3D Yamaha TRX stock triple clamps, steering axle and bearings on Solidworks.


After a lot of work I finished the  Yamaha stock front train . Upper yoke , under yoke, steering axle, I found tapered roller bearings to replace the stock ones, and I make a separate Solidworks assembly with part of the front part of the frame that I´ve modeled on 3D some time ago, the LSL under yoke handlebars that I have mounted on my TRX, and a basic model of the stock forks.




All those pieces I previously sketched to draw it after on Solidworks, the locknuts of the steering axle at first look seems KM5 (M25 x 1.5) but they didn´t was. I do not find a standard nut like this in any of usual international standards like DIN, UNE, ISO and JIS (perhaps exists and I don´t find it). This notched nut it´s M25 x 1 and there are two of them, a rubber washer  between  the locknuts and a lockwhaser in this subassembly.



The stock upper bearing it´s a single row angular contact  ball bearings (Koyo SAC- 2547-2, Yamaha Part Ner. 93399-99932). I want replace both bearings from tapered roller bearings, strongest than ball bearings and in my opinion much better than the stock bearings.  


TRX 850 Front end 3D on 3dVia.


 
I find the tapered roller bearings for the steering on SKF, INA/FAG, KOYO and NSK to mount on the TRX .



These are the references: SKF 32005 X/Q (+INFO HERE), INA/FAG 32005-X (+INFO HERE) this is the bearning that I downloaded from the INA web page HERE (free and no registration needed), KOYO 32005 JR (+INFO HERE) and NSK HR 32005 XJ (page 4 of THIS PDF CATALOG).



The stock upper bearing it´s a single row angular contact  ball bearings (Koyo SAC- 2547-2, Yamaha Part Ner. 93399-99931)And these are the references of roller tapered bearings to replace the under bearing: SKF 32006 X/Q (+INFO HERE), INA/FAG 32006-X (+INFO HERE) this is the bearing that I downloaded from the INA web page HERE (free and no registration needed), KOYO 32006 JR  (+INFO HERE) and NSK HR 32006 XJ (page 5 of THIS PDF CATALOG).  



Now with the whole assembly of the stock triple clamps I can finish a definitive design of the new ones to mount the R6r forks and also finish the yokes that I´m designed in coloboration with the people of www.o2engines.com. Now I know all dimensions necesaries to reuse the steering axle mounted on the new CNC machined yokes and replace as I say before the steering bearings.


More screenshots and pics on TheTRXproject  Facebook page in THIS gallery. Soon draft drawings.... I have done a lot parts on 3d that I want to extract the drawings with dimensions,  I want to start to do that and I will post as I finish them.

2 comentarios:

Huguilena | December 17, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Keep up the great work! Impressive to see the amount of hours you put into this.

Dont know if you know about this website, but the contents are very impressive and it's not only the 3D. www.dbbp.com

Muchas gracias
Hugo

Charles Lembcke | February 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Good point on spinning the bearings after oiling them! I did that, but I forgot to mention that into the blog. I might make an edit.

tilt pad bearings

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails