David´s Vespa update.

Because we have a huge load of work, the David´s Vespa project do not run fast as  he would like , like my TRX project,  too much hours working, day life obligations, few free time and less money. But we do some advances...

New parts are arriving, David it's collecting parts for the engine while we are working on the body work.



We noticed and repaired a small bump on the bottom of the crankcase, because that the gasket not close well and leaks oil.

....front  end,  disassembling, cleaning and  fixing...


 ...the previous owner change the brake shoes little bit late...front drum needs a resurfacing.....

...but brake shoes are almost new, not all are bad news...


Trying to save some Euros on sand blasting , always better expend it on engine parts, we began to remove the "electric blue" with paint remover  and a spatula. Hard work...

With paint almost totally removed and after thought and talk a lot about  if cut or not the front panel and how much, we traced the cut line   with permanent marker and cut the front panel about 25 milimeters from the edge.
The idea is that we cut the front panel for a more streamlined figure, but without breaking the design characteristic of the Vespa.   
Also it  will enhance the shape of the back as the early models. With all this mods , new seat, the glove box ,turn signals and engine cover removed   this old Vespa PK 75 XL can look very nice and clean. New paint job,  engine rebuilt and new shock absorbers will do the rest....


We do not want to make big changes readily apparent, just enough to make it special and beautiful but almost not known why. Little and handy it will be a toy to be ridden.


Here right side cutted (left on image) and left side original with the cut line. There is still much work ahead, soon new updates....
Soon new updates....more pictures on THIS Facebook gallery on TheTRXproject Facebook page.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails