My NSR 125 JC20. Clutch tools.

Along the general check I´m making to my Honda NSR 125JC20 that I bought not much time ago, I´ll need the tools to mount again the new clutch disks ,or not (read THIS post), because the lock nut was loosen but anyway I´ve the new ones....

To build the tools needed I sketched them and bought a 1/2"-17mm socket wrench to build the lock nut wrench. I choose it of 17 because it´s Ø24 just that I need.

As usual I modeled it on 3D with Solidworks. (machined faces in red).

Milling....

Section view.

Finished!! (once deburring).

I also build a clutch center holder in steel (F114).

Turning...

....ready to weld...

Resurfacing the bushings faces after welding the bushings to keep them coplanar.

Another screenshot of the 3D model.

Ready to weld a handle and after re-drill by the other side the holes for the M6 screws. I do not build it exactly as I drawn in draft drawings because I weld the handle in angle to make easy make force against the wrench tool. Main dimensions are the same.

Finished with a coat of sprayed zinc to prevent rust. Perfect fit!!.

You can do this tools by your self (not necesary a mill, you can build it with a saw and files, dremel, etc..) or can also buy them. Here the Honda codes for the tools:

Lock nut wrench, 20x24    07716-0020100.
Clutch center holder.          07923-KE10000.



Like all my 3d parts, I upload them to my profiles on 3dVia and Grabcad fully downloadble for free.

Soon new updates....more pictures on THIS Facebook gallery on TheTRXproject Facebook page. 

3 comentarios:

Anonymous | April 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Thank you for the dimensions sir!

Jeanette West @ Zo Air | June 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Making parts for a motorcycle demands for a lot of precision. One wrong measurement leads to a wrong cut that can set you back on repairs. That's why it's important that the tools you use, from the mill to a welder to the hoist, are all well-maintained so you can ensure that the repairs are done right.

Clutch Kits | February 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM

thanks for sharing such an informative post. keep on sharing good post.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails