Following with the TRX.

Taking advantage I've had a few days off (but tomorrow I come back to my job), I continued to work on the Yamaha TRX, all things that I´m doing are little works but them expends more time that seems. All of these are needed and each of them makes me closer to finish  my Trixie. As I said on my last project post I´m doing all works that I can do without money....fucking money.

By the way, this bracket I don´t remember where was mounted and I do not find it on the parts manuals. I think that it´s from the lower yoke, because I mounted the R1 yokes doesn´t matters to much, but I hate forget this things...

I removed the seat lock from my original rear fender to mount it on the modified that I mounted on my TRX.

Also I build a seat lock cable bracket to open the rider seat with the key.

...along the "hand-machining"...

Sketch.
 
3d model, done with Solidworks, you can find it fully downloadable on my profile of Grabcad.

Finished and mounted on the frame.

I must to drill the internal wall behind the seat place to pass the cable, mount it and done!. Now opens with the key.

 Drawing.

Other little pending task, mount the thermostat and hoses. With it mounted allows me continue with the wiring.

 Radiator brackets with the new paint dry and ready to mount.

 ...wiring diagrams...

 
Head light cleaned.

 
Wellcome back!. The fairing repair isn´t finished yet but I will mount it to go ahead with the wiring.

Pass the wires, mount the plastic clamps and fasten the wires correctly needs more time and patience that I expected...

 
 Standard and race tail.

 Enlarging to Ø14 the drills on the race tail to mount the rubber grommets from the stock tail.
 I must to grind the internal faces to remove the excess of fiberglass and get a perfect fit on to the frame.

Rear tail mounted and waiting for a new paint, I´m  still thinking about what colour scheme I want.

 
 Side stand and switch  cleaned, painted and mounted.

Because I can´t expend much money I restored the radiator, it had some hits and cells bent and I prefer repair it, some day I will replace it for a bigger one...

 I removed part of the bent cells with a screwdriver that block the airflow.

And after I cleaned and painted it, now is drying on my garage.

Now only remains finish the wiring and the fairing repair before start to work on the engine.

Once the fairing will be finished I can send it to paint. I will print some TRX templates to test different paint schemes and take a decision...


Soon new updates of my TRX project, More pictures on THIS Facebook gallery on TheTRXproject Facebook page.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails